We believe in working together
How Parents Take Part At First Friends
First Friends Nursery recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children.
All staff see themselves as co-workers with you in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents take part in making First Friends a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
- Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, interests and progress with staff.
- Contributing to the progress check at age Two.
- Helping at sessions of First Friends
- Sharing their own special interests with the children.
- Helping to provide, make and look after equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities.
- Taking part of the parent management of First Firends.
- Joining in community activities in which First Friends takes part in.
- Building friendships with other parents at First Friends.
We welcome parents to drop into the setting to see it at work or to speak with the staff.
Parents are regarded as members of our setting who have full participatory rights.
These include a right to be ...
- Included at all levels.
As a community based, voluntary managed setting, we also depend on the good will of parents and their involvement to keep going. Membership of the setting carries expectations on parents for their support and commitment.